- 107 trillion: The number of e-mails sent on the Internet in 2010
- 294 billion: Average number of e-mail messages per day
- 1.88 billion: The number of e-mail users worldwide
- 480 million: New e-mail users since 2010
- 89.1%: The share of e-mails that are spam
- 262 billion: The number of spam e-mails per day (assuming 89% are spam)
- 2.9 billion: The number of e-mail accounts worldwide
- 25%: Share of e-mail accounts that are corporate
Companies that offer a suite of products that give a company domain or department unique visibility, control and security without compromising your IT department. Other enhancements such as Active Directory for Microsoft e-mail (52 percent of the market uses Microsoft) deliver seamless integration and plug-ins for Outlook Exchange.
The benefit of using these cloud companies’ offers is that they address issues related to IT security and compliance risk — the number one concern of enterprises. And most importantly, they complement the resources of your IT department and free your staff to focus on critical mission goals instead of the time-consuming task of managing e-mail.
To read more from Lauren Robinette, click here.